The North Carolina Chapter of the Special Libraries Association is sponsoring a one- time International Conference Travel Award. The purpose of the award is to provide an opportunity for a librarian outside of the United States and Canada to attend the annual Special Libraries Association (SLA) conference. The award will cover conference registration, lodging and airfare, up to and not exceeding US $2,000. The SLA annual conference will be held in Philadelphia, PA. USA, June 12-15, 2011. Contact Susan Forbes at email@example.com if you have questions about this opportunity. You can also download this announcement as a pdf.
• Applicants must reside in a non-G8 country, and must be currently employed in a library, information center, library school or as an information professional with a company, government or non-profit organization.
• Applicants must be eligible to obtain a visa for travel to the United States of America.
• As a condition of receiving the award, applicants must indicate the amount and source of additional funding which, combined with the Travel Award, will permit them to cover their expenses to attend the Annual Conference.
• The chapter reserves the right not to grant an award if no applications are received that meet all eligibility requirements and adhere to all the application procedures.
1. Prepare a written statement, in English, of approximately 750 words, answering the following questions:
a. What do you hope to gain from the conference?
b. How do you intend to participate in the SLA in the future?
2. Submit a current curriculum vitae OR resume that includes information on the candidate's professional career, professional activities with SLA and other organizations (including offices held and involvement in any special projects or services), publications, and any other relevant professional information.
Submit the above documents, along with your address, telephone number, and email address, in PDF, Rich Text Format (RTF) or Microsoft Word by EMAIL to Susan Forbes: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by January 15, 2011
Applications will be reviewed by the award committee and applicants will receive notification of award status by early February 2010. The award check will be sent to the recipient after the conference, as soon as the receipts are received by NCSLA Chapter Treasurer.
The recipient is required to submit a short essay (500-750 words) describing their conference experience and how it was beneficial to them.